If your business uses Facebook as a social platform to connect with targets, you may be experimenting with sponsored content or ads.
In order to get the most bang for your buck, we have a few tips for you :
- Realize Your Goals
There’s really no point in sponsoring Ads on Facebook if you don’t know the purpose behind why you’re doing it.
So ask yourself: Are you looking to bring more people to your place of business? Generate traffic to your website? Create more interaction on Social Media? Or Perhaps you’re looking to promote a specific product?
To reach the right people through targeting, you need to understand the goal behind the Ad.
Facebook makes it very easy to target audiences. As long as you know who your audience is (see our article on getting to know your Target) then you can reach them through Facebook Ads.
Your options for whom to target include:
Connections: Target audiences whom you are or are not already connected to on Facebook.
Custom: Apply filters or identifiers to target audiences.
A few options for Targeting Custom audiences:
- Demographic (Age and Gender)
- Best Practices
There are a few ways you can narrow down your ideas to be more effective:
- Don’t go too broad with Targeting, you won’t know who you’re reaching if you do (don’t target “exercise”, target “Vancouver Bicycle Tours”).
- Use High-Quality images, and test them first if possible.
- Keep content simple and relatable. Remember to Call-to-Action!
- Adhere to Facebook Guidelines
Facebook has some specific algorithms and rules that they enforce to make sure that Facebook Users are getting the best possible experience.
A few guidelines include:
- Images must not contain more than 20% text.
- Do not ask for personal information in your Ads.
- Do not include Facebook or Instagram logos in your content, it is misleading.
- Gather Performance Data
Facebook is super helpful in that it actually gives you data on how your ad is performing, as well as final numbers of how much engagement you received.
Checking out this data is imperative in understanding your target for future engagement.
If you need help generating Engagement on Social Media, give Y5 a call today at (778) 379-2177!